To provide an environment that will promote high class teaching, learning, research and engagements where staff and students can interact and compete effectively with their counterparts nationwide and internationally in terms of intellectual competence, innovation and creativity.
The output of the University will not only be equipped to serve the society but creation of opportunities and of high moral standard.
(1) To complement government efforts in providing additional spaces for the placement of qualified Nigerians for smooth qualitative university education uninterruptible by strike actions and free from students’ unrest.
(2) To encourage the advancement of all branches of learning and to hold out to all persons without distinction of race, sex, ideological or political persuasion or religious conviction. An opportunity of acquiring higher education with more focus on the science – based programmes to help prepare Nigerians for the challengse of technological revolution.
(3) To provide a distinctive, conducive setting to facilitate the development of the total personality [body, mind and spirit] of the student in the finest Islamic educational traditions and courses of instruction and relevant facilities for the pursuit of learning in all its branches so that they may be useful citizens in the nations’ building, role model and future leaders for self fulfillment and the public good with earning the pleasures of God.
(4) To develop academic partnership and collaboration in teachings and research with Universities worldwide. To promote scholarships and engagement of researches in all fields of learning and human endeavors.
(5) To undertake any other activities appropriate for a University of the highest standard.
- College of Basic Sciences
- College of Art and Humanities
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Management and Social Sciences
Proposed College and Courses for the first phase of 5 years of initial take off
College of Basic Science
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Pure and Applied Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Computer
- Department of Zoology-Avian Science
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Aquatic Science & Snailery
- Botany and Applied Science
College of Art and Humanities
- Islamic Studies
- General and Entrepreneurial Studies
- Foreign Languages
Courses are proposed and can be changed when need arises.
Born 20th August, 1943, in Ede Osun State, Professor Abass graduated from the University of Lagos UNILAG in 1967 with B.Sc. Second Class (Upper Division) honours in Mathematics. He undertook his post graduate studies at University of Aston, Birmingham, UK 1968/69, and the University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada (1969-73).He was awarded the degree of M.Sc. in Industrial Mathematics (Numerical Computing, Operations Research and Control Theory) in 1969. In 1970, he was awarded the degree of Master of Mathematics (Statistical Computing) while in 1973, he obtained Ph.D in Mathematics specializing in Simulation and Statistical Computing. Initially, he worked as a System Analyst at Montreal Engineering Company, Montreal, Canada. He later joined the former National Electric Power Authority NEPA as a System Analyst. He however, joined the Department of Computer Sciences in 1973 as a Lecturer II. There he rose to become a Professor of Computer Sciences in 1983.
He was also the Dean, Faculty of Science (1986-90); the Managing Director, UNILAG Consult (1990-93); the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Lagos (1993-95). He was a member of Council of The Polytechnic, Ibadan, 1977-79 and later Chairman of the Governing Council of Iree Polytechnic between 1992 and 1994. He was awarded the national award of the Officer of the Order of Niger (OON) by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2003. Prof. Abass is one of the pioneers of Computer Science in Africa and has contributed to the growth of the discipline and Information Technology profession in Nigeria in particular.