- Registered the Foundation under part C of the Companies and Allied Matters Decree as promoter of Hijra University with Registration IT/CERT No.16929
- Acquired a land mass of up to 3000 hectares for the project as follows: 2,500 hectares at Ede, Osun State and 500 hectares at Igbemo-Ekiti in Ekiti State of Nigeria.
- The Osun State Governor’s consent on 500 hectares of the Ede land secured while that of Ekiti is at completion stage pursued.
- A renowned Professor of Computer Science and former Deputy Vice-Chancellor of the Prestigious University of Lagos, Professor Abdul Majeed Olayide Abass appointed as Vice-Chancellor designate.
- A formidable Board of Trustees that cut across the six Geo–political zones of Nigeria chaired by His Highness, Alhaji (Dr) Ado Bayero, the Emir of Kano was inaugurated on 29th July 2004
- Completed proper documentation of the Academic Brief, Master plan, University Land and other necessary documentation with the National Universities Commission (NUC), the approving body for Private Universities in Nigeria
- A team of Academic and professionally qualified personnel assembled as members of Planning and Implementation Committee (PIC) as requested by the NUC
- A management team of visionary and focused people appointed in charge of the Hijra Foundation for Islamic Education ( NGO)
- For sustainability, the Hijra Educational Services Limited was established and registered to be the business arm of the University
- Commenced the physical development of the University’s permanent campus.
- Commenced the installation of science laboratories (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) equipment at the temporary campus in Ede as part of the NUC requirements for approval
The project recently brought together the prominent royal fathers in Nigeria, the Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III who promised to build a befitting mosque for the University, Alhaji(Dr.) Ado Bayero, the Emir of Kano (Chairman, Board of Trustees) who donated handsomely to the project and Alhaji Aliru H. Momoh, Otaru of Auchi , who also donated handsomely.
Dr. Rauf ‘Wale Babalakin (SAN ) who promised to build and stock the University’s Library at the recent fund raising and foundation laying ceremony of the University aside pledges of over 100 million naira by other donors
- NUC made verification visit to the proposed Hijra University at Ede between 19th and 22nd December, 2005.
- A befitting liaison office established at a prime location in Lagos State, 4b Oludegun Avenue, off Muritala Muhammed International Airport Road, Mafoluku.
- befitting temporary site conducive for learning acquired at Ede and a model college at Igbemo-Ekiti, for initial takeoff.
This piece is taken from the website of the Hijra Foundation.
See on-line at: http://hijrafoundation.com/achievements.html