The An Noor Islamic Association was founded in August 2000 and is registered with the Registrar of Associations of the Ministry of Labour ( 2794) and is also approved as a Charitable Institution by the Ministry of Finance.
The main objectives of the Centre are:
(1) To promote the well being of the elderly of the Muslim Community;
(2) To promote Islamic Values amongst members of the Muslim Community;(3) To promote the memorisation of the Quraan (Hifz);
(4) To promote Islamic / Secular Knowledge;
(5) To support the Community;
(6) To uplift the status of the Muslim Community;
(7) To organise Socio, Cultural and religious activities.
And other religious related activities The Centre is actually fully functional
This piece is taken from the website of an noor Islamic Association – Mauritius.
See on-line at: http://www.annoor-mauritius.org/an_noor_objectives.html