|Until early 1970s, there was virtually no regular, organized, or formally established Majlis Ansarullah in the Nigeria Branch of the Ahmadiyya Jama’at. However the elders of the Jama’at were, from the very inception, actively participated in all the activities of the Jama’at, doing these purely as members of the Jama’at and not as members of Majlis Ansarullah. Later, when many of those who were active in Majlis Khuddam attained the age of forty, the stage became set for the establishment of Majlis Ansarullah.
The formal establishment of Majlis Ansarullah, in Nigeria, actually took place in December, 1973, during the Annual Conference. At that time, it was the then Amir, Maulana M. A. Shahid, who assembled the elders of the Jama’at present at that conference and addressed them on the need for forming Majlis Ansarullah. This they started, almost immediately, and elected Alhaji Abubakar Idogbe Kukoyi as their Zaeem-i-Ala (National Leader). From then on, Majlis Ansarullah has been in operation in different local branches of the Jama’at. They have also organized various interesting programmes, to cater for their members’ physical, social and spiritual development.
|The following were the pioneer members of the Aamila of Majlis Ansarullah, Ahmadiyya Nigeria.|
|1. Alhaji A. I. Kukoyi – Nazeem-A’la
2. Bro. M. K. Ayodeji – Secretary Tajneed
3. Alhaji B. O. Parakoyi – Financial Secretary
4. Alhaji A. Q. A. Motajo – Secretary Tarbiyyah
5. Alhaji F. A. S. Shijuwola – Secretary Reformation and Guaindance
6. Bro. M. A. Azeez – Secretary Isar (Promotion of Sacrifice)
7. Alfa Ibraheem Anifowoshe – Secretary Talim/Tabligh
8. Bro. R. O. Odunkoya – Secretary for Waqfi Jadid
9. Alhaji H. T. Okunnu – Naib Nazeem-Ala- Publicity
10. Alhaji A. W. Olonode – Member
11. Alhaji H.H. Falade – Member
12. Alfa S. A. Olayemi – Member
13. Bro. T. Ola. Said – Assistant Secretary (Tajneed)
|They have also been holding their Annual Ijtema since then.
Majlis Ansarullah was elevated to a higher standard in 1982. That year ,Alhaji Abubakar Kukoyi the Nazeem-A’la attended the International Conference of the Jama’at in Rabwah. There, he was given a comprehensive orientation on the organization and operations of the Majlis, by Hazrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad, the then Sadar of the Majlis Ansarullah. So, when Alhaji Kukoyi returned to Nigeria from that Jalsa, he intensified the efforts and activities of the Majlis.
This piece is taken from the website of Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’at Nigeria.
See on-line at: http://www.ahmadiyyang.org/auxi-ansarullah.php